- Home /
- PowerShot SX740 HS
|Image Sensor Type||Digital compact AF/AE camera with built-in flash|
|Camera Effective Pixels||Approx. 20.3 megapixels|
|Image Sensor Size||1/2.3” Type|
|Lens Focal Length||24mm (W) - 960mm (T)|
|Focus Range 35mm Film Equivalent||Auto: 1cm - infinity (W) / 2m - infinity (T) Macro: 1cm - 50cm (W)|
|Image Stabilizer IS System||Lens-shift type|
|Digital Image Processor||DIGIC 8|
|LCD Monitor||TFT color liquid crystal|
|AF System||Contrast detection AF|
|Metering System||Real-time metering with image sensor
(1) Evaluative metering
(2) Spot metering
(3) Center-weighted average metering
|Exposure Compensation||Manual: +/-3 stops in 1/3-stop increments|
|ISO Speed||ISO Auto range: ISO 100 – ISO 800 set automatically
P, Tv, Av, M: ISO Auto, ISO 100 - ISO 3200 set manually (in 1-stop increments)
|White Balance||+/-3 stops in 1/3-stop increments|
|Shutter Speeds||1/3200 to 15 sec. (Total shutter speed range, available range varies by shooting mode)|
|F/number||f/3.3-f/8 (W) f/6.9-f/8 (T)|
|Flash Modes||Retractable, manual pop-up flash|
|Flash Range||50cm - 9.0m (W) / 50cm - 4.5m (T)|
|Shooting Modes||(1) Scene Intelligent Auto Mode
(2) Hybrid Auto Mode
(3) Food Mode
(4) Self-Portrait Mode
(5) Sports Mode
(6) Creative zone (Manual exposure, Aperture-priority AE, Shutter-priority AE, Program AE)
(7) SCN (Portrait, Smooth Skin, Handheld Night Scene, Grainy B/W, Soft Focus Effect, Fish-Eye Effect, Art Bold Effect, Water Painting Effect, Toy Camera Effect, Miniature Effect, Fireworks)
|Digital Zoom||Still Images/Movies: Approx. 4x (up to approx. 160x in combination with optical zoom)|
|Continuous Shooting||[High-speed continuous shooting]
One-Shot AF: Max. approx. 10.0 shots/sec.
Servo AF: Max. approx. 7.4 shots/sec.
[Low-speed continuous shooting speed]
One-Shot AF: Max. approx. 4.0 shots/sec.
Servo AF: Max. approx. 4.0 shots/sec.
*Figures are based on Canon’s testing standards using shutter speed at 1/500 sec.,default aspect ratio and a 32GB (UHS-I Speed Class 3) SD card. Continuous shooting speed may become slower depending on the shutter speed, aperture, subject conditions, brightness, lens focal length, flash use, etc.
|Number of Images Shot||[Number of Still Image Shots] CIPA Standards (At room temperature): 265 shots ECO mode: 370 shots
[Movie Recording Time] CIPA Standards (At room temperature): Approx. 60 min. Continuous Shooting^: 100 min.
|Recording Media||SD/SDHC*/SDXC* memory cards * UHS-I compatible|
|Data Type||DCF-compliant DPOF compatible (Version 1.1)|
(1) Large (Fine / Normal): 5184 × 3888
(2) Medium (Fine / Normal): 3648 × 2736
(3) Small (Fine): 2432 × 1824
(1) Large (Fine / Normal): 5184 × 3456
(2) Medium (Fine / Normal): 3648 × 2432
(3) Small (Fine): 2432 × 1616
(1) Large: 5184 × 2912
(2) Medium: 3648 × 2048
(3) Small: 2432 × 1368
(1) Large: 3888 × 3888
(2) Medium: 2736 × 2736
(3) Small: 1824 × 1824
|Compatible printers||PictBridge-compatible printers (USB and Wireless LAN)|
|Power Source||Battery Pack NB-13L (Quantity 1)|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||110.1 x 63.8 x 39.9mm|
|Weight||Body Only: Approx. 275g|
- Powerful 40x optical zoom (24-960mm) with 3.5-stop1 shake compensation optical image stabilizer (IS) in a pocket-sized body
- 20.3-megapixel High Sensitivity back-illuminated CMOS image sensor
- Equipped with powerful DIGIC 8 digital imaging processor that delivers the latest Canon’s image functions
- Built-in with Bluetooth ® low energy technology for easy wake-up of camera, GPS information acquisition and remote control from smartphones2
- Built-in Wi-Fi for remote shooting and newly supports automatic image transfer to PC3 or smartphones4
- 1cm Macro shooting
- Supports 4K UHD movie shooting5 (120Mbps bit-rate) and “4K Frame Grab” function6
- Supports Digital 5-axis IS, Dynamic IS and Auto Level function even in 4K UHD movie shooting
- 4K UHD and Full HD Time-lapse movie function
- Max. 10 FPS high-speed continuous shooting and Max. 7.4 FPS continuous shooting with SERVO AF
- Dual Sensing IS is added to enhance the image stabilization effect during still image shooting
- Zoom Framing Assist function for finding shooting subject easily under tele-shooting
- 3-inch 920,000-dot vari-angle LCD
- Self-Portrait mode with built-in smooth skin and background defocus functions
- New “Food” scene mode is available for shooting bright and colorful food photos
- Full HD Hybrid Auto mode, a fusion of movie digest and auto modes to capture amazing moments easily
- Video Snapshot combines 4 to 8 sec short movies into one single movie for easy sharing
- 6 Creative Filters including Miniature effect and Fish-eye effect
- Date stamp function for adding shooting date or time on photos
- Supports USB battery charging
- “Feature Assistant” Graphical User Interface is added for beginners to understand the functions easily
1 CIPA compliant, at focal length of 350mm (35mm equivalent).
2 Establishing pairing beforehand between the camera and smart device is required. Both camera and smartphone have to be within a certain distance. For Android, Android 5.0 (or later) and Bluetooth 4.0 (or later) are required. For iOS, Bluetooth 4.0 (or later) is required. In remote shooting and Image viewing mode, connection will be switched from Bluetooth to Wi-Fi connection. While Wi-Fi connection is established, GPS data cannot be renewed.
3 IEEE 802.11 b/g/n 2.4GHz band only. Both the camera and computer must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Image Transfer Utility 2 must be installed in the computer. Pairing of the camera and the software is required for the first time. When sending images automatically, the camera must be turned on, and the computer must also be turned on and logged in. To automatically transfer new/non-transferred images only, proper setting is necessary.
4 Camera Connect must be installed.
5 4K shooting takes place by cropping pixels from the center of the image sensor.
6 Frame Grab from Full HD/HD movies is not possible. As movie frames are saved as still images, image quality is not equivalent to normal still images. Aspect ratio is 16:9.